Photography has different aspects. When every aspect differs from the other, it is the ocean wave photography that speaks loud about the ocean and its beautiful course. In comparison to landscape photography, the elemental concept of seascape photography is completely different. One must know these technicalities to master the art of wave photography.
Tips to master the art
The only reason why ocean photography is different from any other form of photography is that one needs to shoot the constantly moving body of water.
A long exposure creates a bigger impact on photography. It helps smooth down a significant part of the water in the picture. Due to this, it somehow affects the complete feel and looks of the image. Moreover, if a person wants to choose the sea over the ocean, it becomes easier as the sea is much quieter and calm.
As the ocean is restless, one can constantly experience the waves and splashes. A lot of actions can make the photography. Hence, one has to be the master to create a masterpiece. In addition to that, the requirement of safety gadgets and equipment is a must. Therefore if a person is serious about Ocean photography, he or she must choose to be sincere towards the same.
Like every other photography, Ocean photography does require specialized gear. Apart from the camera and the lens, here is the list of items one must carry during ocean photography.
● Tripod: this offers stability, effectively eliminating the chances of camera shake that may occur when holding the camera by hand.
● Waders or crocs: these are used to keep your feet dry and protected while navigating wet and rocky environments.
● Microfiber cloth: this is used for removing water droplets, smudges, and debris from the lens.
● Lens pen: this is used to clean and maintain the lens.
● Filters: this minimizes reflections from the water’s surface, resulting in sharper and more detailed images — read more about them on the Internet.
It is important to follow certain rules while opting for Ocean wave photography.
● Make sure that a person has a headlamp as it can save them from tripping over a rock.
● Always watch out for the rising tide.
● Keeping an eye on the ocean becomes crucial.
● Sometimes the waves can be larger than one can expect. Therefore one needs to be careful as it can wash away or ring all the gears. Besides, the regular waves can sometimes have a stronger pull. One must look out for the rip current and try to avoid them as much as possible.
● If there happen to be strong winds, one must refrain from going to the Cliff.
● Sometimes water plants can be slippery and water animals can be dangerous. Hence during photography, a person should avoid them completely.
Apply different techniques
The different techniques that one can utilize while choosing Ocean wave photography include:
● Sunburst technique
● Ocean photography with a telephoto lens
● Tele photos seascapes
● Abstract seascapes
● Reflections on the sand
● Reflections over the pool
● Incoming waves in Ocean photography
● Residing waves in Ocean photography
● Long exposure
Ocean photography is not at all an easy subject to master. But it happens to be one of the most rewarding ones. As a person learns about the different key techniques, they would be able to create masterpieces with their every visit to the ocean. It is always commendable to experiment with the device and manipulate the shutter speed to get different action and fluidity. It becomes easy to play with the point of view or stretch the perspective while going for Ocean photography.