Planning to build a video sharing website? Well, you’ve hit the jackpot! This read is all about the best video CMS softwares that’ll help you build a video sharing platform. Also, we’ve come up with the essential features a video hosting solution should have (you’ll know when you look into the features of every product) – helps you make a better decision of how to choose right CMS for your platform.
With that said, let’s quickly move to the next part of the read.
What Is a Video CMS Software?
A video content management system allows you to store, organize and manage video content online. Whether you produce your own video, license them from somewhere like https://www.newsflare.com/about/commercial, or are still setting up your video content strategy, video CMS software makes it so much easier. You can understand better if you consider a video CMS as a library: you simply type what you want and the video library pulls it out for you! Videos are being organized based on the title, keyword and a few other factors that enable users to find results quickly!
With sites like YouTube getting more than a billion hours of video plays per day, this is the best time for you to build a video sharing website!
5 Best Video CMS Softwares
It’s 2021! And without a doubt, there are plenty of video CMS software solutions today! We know choosing one might be a difficult task but in the end, it all comes down to factors like your business needs, the features you might need, and how much you can afford!
The need for developers in CMS software is greater than ever before. In order to secure communication between devices, such as connecting a remote server with a local system to host a video or website, it is likely that you need the specific expertise to achieve this task. Tasks like these are best left to developers. That said, if you would like more information on how they accomplish tasks like this, please refer to this guide (https://www.linode.com/docs/guides/connect-to-server-over-ssh-on-windows/) here.
Anyways, we’ve compiled a list of the best video hosting solutions for you (the list has only the most prominent ones to help you save time and make the right decision)!
That said, let’s take a look at the best video CMS softwares in the market!
We wanted to start with a bang and so did we! StreamTube is one of the best video CMS software around that helps you build a website like YouTube!
It is a perfect video sharing script to build a website like YouTube/a normal video sharing website in under minutes, thanks to the highly customizable option!
The concept is why share videos on a website when you can create a video sharing website of your own?
Let’s take a look at the features as well,
- Users can create and subscribe to multiple channels across the platform.
- Multiple videos can be uploaded on the platform and different categories can be created for the same
- Extremely SEO-friendly and has the capacity to grab organic search traffic
- Multiple lower quality resolutions can be automatically created from a high-resolution video
- Dedicated Android & iOS applications to promote accessibility and to keep your visitors engaged at all times.
- Image ads feature to help you earn extra revenue.
- Good customer support with live demo features and more
The basic plan starts at $399 and goes up to $999. This is a white label solution which means high customization options and no forced branding. Also, the fee is a one-time payment and you don’t have to pay every month!
Brightcove is another robust video hosting solution and has been helping businesses and individuals for quite some time now! Brightcove is known for its graphical user interface and the playlist feature that groups related videos with the help of tags!
- Worldwide video delivery option irrespective of location
- Complete API access and security support
- Multiple monetization methods – AVOD, TVOD and SVOD
- Detailed video analytics and more
Brightcove, like StreamTube, offers multiple plans – Starter, Professional and Enterprise. Brightcove is best suited for enterprises. Also, you get a free 30-day trial as well!
Initially, the JW player was a video player but later it was developed to be a live streaming and video hosting solution. The video CMS software came into existence in 2005 and has been providing reliable services to customers since then.
- A collaboration of live streaming and video hosting features
- Monetization with the help of ad-integration
- In-depth analytics tools for revenue tracking
- A reliable HTML5 video player and an easy to use CMS platform
JWPlayer comes with three pricing plans which are the Free trial plan, the Starter plan (from $10 per month) and the Enterprise plan which follows the custom pricing method (depending on storage and streaming).
Put in a phrase, an open-source, self-hosted CMS that allows individuals to customize their video streaming experience. Though the platform is open-source, customization can be quite the task making Kaltura not an ideal option for beginners!
- 100% open-source allowing high levels of customization, even with APIs
- Video protection/security tools like Digital Rights Management, encryption and more
- Bunch of analytics tools and the option to export data with ease
- White-label video CMS solution – no forced branding
Kaltura has kept its pricing as a mystery! Thought from what is known, the platform follows a token-based pricing model.
Don’t be surprised! Though YouTube isn’t a video CMS software, it is one of the best video sharing websites around! YouTube needs no introduction and explanation as well!
- Options to upload multiple videos – free storage is the cool part
- Wide audience base with 1.9 billion users for your videos
- Options to remove videos from the public eye by listing them as private
- Easy video sharing options makes marketing efforts a breeze
Well, YouTube is free! You don’t have to pay to upload videos to or create channels. On the downside, you have no control over ads displayed on your videos and the monetization guidelines can be a pain!
There we go! The best video hosting solutions to create a video sharing website! You’ve got solutions that can help you build a website like YouTube or any other similar video-sharing website. All you have to do is, get started and everything else will fall into place.
With that said, we’re wrapping up for the day! Cheers!